Matica is committed to protecting and preserving the global environments in which we operate and aim to conduct all activities with the highest regard to sustainable responsibility. This goal will be achieved through a combination of efforts, starting from complying with all applicable environmental laws, but also promoting the use of eco-friendly material for the packaging of our products, limiting waste and promoting recycling and efficiently using resources and waste reduction in our production and supply chain.
Matica Fintec embraces green manufacturing practices and decided to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability. This was the main driver that led us to successfully obtain the ISO 14001:2015 certification for the production site. This certification specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance providing value for the hearth, the organization itself and interested parties.
Matica Fintec is compliant with the EcoVadis policies: EcoVadis is the world’s largest and most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings.
Moreover, our Consumables are tracked using the BOMcheck tool: a centralized blockchain database used to check our products using up-to-date database with new substance regulations around the world.
Matica applies the Italian Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE Directive), the Europeam Community Directive 2012/19/EU on waste electrical and electronic equipment which set collection, recycling and recovery targets for all types of electrical goods. The WEEE directive lists categories of equipment that will become waste the day their owner will decide to get rid of it. This legal framework defines targets and stands to organize the administration, the finances, the collection and recycling of the WEEE.
Why are our systems designed and developed to be environmentally friendly?
- Because they are as much compact as possible to save raw materials, packaging and transport
- Because most of our solutions are modular and field upgradable, adding functionalities and avoiding substituting the machine
- Because we are developing more environmentally friendly card personalization technologies such as laser personalization which cuts the use of consumables near to zero
- Because we promote eco-friendly card body material, from product conception to re-engineering. We make sure that all new solutions are created to work with green material such as PLA and R-PVC; from R&D phase we set it as a spec that such eco-friendly material are providing the same personalization quality
- Because we are totally against planned obsolescence: all Matica systems are designed and known to last for a very long time
- Because we planned energy efficiency methods such as the standby mode and the switch off of the motor’s energy when the system is not in use
Ethics is one of the fundamental values in Matica. It is the personal responsibility and obligation of each member of Matica to respect high ethical and legal standards of conduct, whether or not imposed by law.
The Code of Ethics is a document adopted by MATICA FINTEC S.p.A. to explain the values, standards of conduct, commitments and responsibilities that the company takes both internally and externally.
In this document we set rights, duties and responsibilities of all Recipients and it’s an integral part of MATICA FINTEC S.p.A. Model. The ethical principles set forth in this Code of Ethics are essential for offence prevention as per Leg. Decree 231/2001 and represent a key element of the preventive control system.
The Code of Ethics summarizes the principles of behavior for administrators, directors, managers, employees, and collaborators in any capacity, as well as the suppliers of Matica Fintec. It touches important aspects such as corruption, respect of human rights and all ethical behavior in conducting business activities, performing work services and, in general, in internal and external relations with the company itself. Matica respects the trust of its stakeholders and does not tolerate illegal or unethical behavior acting with integrity.